Lilypie
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Thursday, September 4, 2008

1st Day of Preschool!!

Yesterday was Ryan's 1st day of preschool and he had a blast!! It was a crazy morning trying to get everybody up and out and make sure that we had everything taken care of. Kevin took the day off of work so that he could come too which Ryan was very excited about. We have been talking about school for so long that to Ryan it was like he has been doing it for a long time. He was up early and ready to get dressed and go. There was so much that I wanted to do, that we ran out of time and were running a little bit late so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.
Ryan eating his 1st day of school cinammon rolls on his special plate.
Emily just being silly as usual.
I wanted a picture standing somewhere other than the back of the car, but we ran out of time. He was so ready to go!
Check out his backpack! I bought the backpack 2 years ago knowing that one day he would need a gator backpack for school. (his school mascot is the gators) We had his name put on it and he loves it. He was wearing it around all morning while waiting to go.
Getting ready to go into his classroom. He barely had time to stop and take a picture, but I made sure. I do wish I would have gotten one with me in it, but the moms are usually the ones taking the pic's.
Ryan and Mrs. Jessee. I had her son in my class when I taught 5th grade, so I know that he will have a fabulous year in her class.
Emily in the car while Ryan was at school. This girls cracks me up!!

Ryan had a great 1st day of school. He barely even hugged me goodbye, which I guess is better than him screaming and crying. He was just so ready to be there with all his friends and hopefully ready to learn too. He has a few friends in his class that he already knows so that helps a bit, and we have visited school many times over the years so it is very familiar to him. I did much better than I thought I would, I didn't even cry. I guess mostly because the school is like a second home to me. I've been a part of the school as a student, as a teacher and now as a parent. It's so exciting to see him go to the same school that I went to and I know that he will love it as much as I did. I feel so comfortable having him there with so many people that I know so well. What a relief it is to know that he is surrounded by people who know him and love him and who are going to teach him all about Jesus. I couldn't ask for a better place to send my sweet boy!

8 comments:

Jen said...

It's neat to watch it all come full circle. Maybe he'll even meet his bride there and then become principal one day!!!!

Glad it was a hugely successful first day - here's to many more just like it!

Andy and Jen said...

Love, love, love the backpack! I'm so glad our kids are both there. It's the next generation of Gerlach and Shamitz back at GCA! And how funny that they each have one of Rodney's kids in their class!

anthonyandbeth said...

Jamie! He is SO CUTE!!! LOVE the gator backpack, that was an awesome find! wish i was there to send my kids to greenbrier, wouldn't that be fun! :) grace was so excited that Ryan is in Baylee's class. she was hoping she would know some mom's. :) it's gonna be a great year for all of you! he's getting so big! and emily is a hoot in her sunglasses! :)

Katy said...

I totally love the backpack -that is ADORABLE!!!! So glad that it went so well and he was so excited (was he too disappointed that there's more to school than baseball?) What fun!!

Jayne said...

He is definitely going to love GCS! Are he and Anderson the same age so they can be in the same class? Probably not or I'm sure you may have mentioned it. have a great year Ryan!!

Heather J said...

Yeah Ryan! So proud of you big boy! Anderson is glad to have you at school too!!!

The Petersons said...

Those are precious pictures! I love the backpack!!

heather said...

Ryan looks so cute! I love his backpack. Hard to believe! You and Jenn have the next generation of Gators. Enjoy the break!