Lilypie
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Party #2!!

Here's the birthday girl.....again!!
Emily's ladybug cake....the second attempt!!
Lauren and A.J.(Kevin's cousins) and Jameson (who came to party again).
Opening presents...she's getting good at this!
Who doesn't love cake two days in a row!!
These are pictures from Emily's 2nd party that she had on Sunday with all her family. Kevin's parents came in town and his cousins from Courtland came too. Ryan was excited to have some more kids his age to play with. I decided to make a ladybug cake for the family party so Saturday night after the 1st party I got started. Well something went wrong with the icing (it was sliding of the cake) and it turned out horrible. Kevin said it (aka Fred) looked fine, but I wasn't happy with it and knew that I would have to make another. So Sunday morning after we got home from church I made cake #2, I finally finished at 2:30 and the party started at 3:00. I was so happy that cake #2 turned out exactly like I wanted! The party was wonderful and we had a great time visiting with lots of family! Although I am glad that it is all over, I had such a wonderful time throwing my sweet little girl her 1st birthday parties!!

7 comments:

Andy and Jen said...

What a party girl! I love her feathered headband! Your cake looks awesome, as always. I'll be placing my order for Alex's cake soon. :)

Jen said...

The cake does look really good! You are a supermom! I'm sure Emily (and Ryan) had a blast. I can't wait to watch Emily grow this year - she is such a sweetheart.

anthonyandbeth said...

great job on the cake! i'm sure everything was very yummy and lots of fun for Emily! :)

dandsratz said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Sweet Emily!! What perfect party fun, for sure!!!

Katy said...

You did GREAT with the cake - the cupcakes were adorable too though! Who knew you were the professional! Can you do a transformer cake?

Heather J said...

I still can't believe the year has come & gone. She is so precious and I just love watching that sweet little girl grow!! You are a fabulous cake maker and I think I need to hire you for my future cake needs!! (oh, don't tell Kevin I said that or he'll having you baking away!)

Natalie said...

What a great cake!!! So glad it turned out:) Your little gilr is beautiful!!! Happy First Birthday Emily!