Lilypie
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Family birthday party

This was Ryan's baseball cake. It's supposed to be a baseball glove and ball!The birthday boy enjoying some fried chicken.
Ryan had a blast wrestling with his cousing A.J.
Ryan huge fire truck that he got from Papa and Mawmaw.
Both Ryan and Emily have enjoyed this piano that Nanny and Poppy got for him. Thank goodness for the on/off switch!! On Sunday we had our family birthday party for Ryan. There were 17 adults and 6 kids. I didn't realize my house could hold that many people! It was so much fun, and Ryan had a blast playing with his cousins that he doesn't get to see that often. We enjoyed lots of food and cake and Ryan got so many more cool toys and clothes. I love the fact that all of my family and Kevin's family (including Ryan's great-grandmas) always come and celebrate the kids birthday's with us. What a blessing it is to have them so close by that they can come and share in these special celebrations. We did take many more pictures including the opening of gifts and Ryan blowing out his candle, but my memory cards on my camera were full so I will have to download the pic's from my moms camera and post those at a later time. I enjoyed every minute of planning his parties, but I am sure glad that they are over until next year! Thanks to all our family for coming and sharing this special day with us, we love you all so much!!

7 comments:

heather said...

I always loved your family birthday parties! Ryan and Emily are so lucky that they get to have everyone around to celebrate. Just think, when they get older, they can play Jailbreak in your yard like we used to. :)

Andy and Jen said...

Another great job on the cake! I'm sure you'll hear hundreds of wonderful concerts on the piano.

dandsratz said...

Happy, Happy Birthday little Ryan!!! Jamie, he is SOOOO cute!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

you guys have been partying for a while now! isn't that the best? :) so glad y'all have family close to celebrate with you. it does make it very special. cake looks GREAT!!!

Jen said...

Wow - that piano is so cool! I love the cake and it does look like a glove and ball. Now you can breathe for a little while until next fall!

Heather J said...

Ok, its official - I'm going to solicit your services for my next bday cake decorating!! You are such the party thrower!

Katy said...

What a treasure to be able to have all of your families here for these birthdays!!! So special. And I was WONDERING if you'd seen that cake in the magazine - I thought of you and Ryan...it looks GREAT!