Lilypie
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here's my 8 things....

1. When I was about 6 or 7 years old I took a clogging class (yes you read that right, a clogging class) at the Deep Creek rec center. Although I don't remember anything I learned, I remember really enjoying the class!

2. I HATE going to the dentist!! I love my actual dentist, just not having to get my teeth cleaned. I hate the noises from all the machines and all the scraping an poking they do on my teeth. I truly dread going, but fortunately it only has to happen twice a year.

3. Here's my fatal haircut story! When I was a sophmore in high school, I decided to cut my bangs. When I came home from school, I decided that I would cut my bangs before the game that night. I wet my bangs and cut them to what I thought would be a good length. Little did I know at that time that when your hair dries, it tends to shrink up a bit. The length was so short by the time it dried, it looked like I had no bangs. (The sad part is; I had a perm too, so the curl made them even shorter) My parents had not been home, but when my mom saw me later at the game she said that from across the gym she could tell that something was terribly wrong with my hair. I guess I wasn't cut out for giving haircuts!

4. That leads me to my next thing. I too like Heather was a cheerleader. I cheered all four years in high school. I was the captain of my squad my senior year and voted most spirited a few times. A few years after college I returned to my high school and became the varsity cheerleading coach for three years. I had a blast both as a cheerleader and as a coach!!

5. I am fascinated by old houses, buildings and even big boats I see that have been abandoned or run down over the years. I always wonder how old they are, what kind of history they had, who lived in them or why they might have been abandoned. I would love to go through and see what they look like on the inside.

6. In July of 2001 I spent a few weeks in Beijing, China teaching English to Chinese kids. I had never really thought about doing a missions trip, but the opportunity came up and everything just fell into place for me to go. It was an awesome experience and I am so glad that I was able to go and minister while teaching. By the time the few weeks were up I was so ready to come home and thankful for what I had to come home to.

7. For the longest time I have wanted to be a professional organizer. I am always trying to figure out better ways of organizing my house so that everything is where it should be. I know how good it makes me feel when everything is neat and organized, I am sure others would like to feel that way too. I just think it is so much fun! I also wouldn't mind being a cake decorater. I have had so much fun making Ryan's birthday cakes the past few years (and Emily's soon) that I would love to be able to do that for others.

8. I was born at the same hospital my mom was born at and I lived in the same house my entire life. My dad built the house a few years before I was born and my parents have never moved. The house has so many memories and is so sentimental to me, I couldn't imagine anyone else living there. It is so neat to see Ryan and Emily running through the house and yard like I used to!!

7 comments:

Heather J said...

Well we are definitely going to have to schedule an 'organizing' date. I can give you full access to my house & all my clutter!! ooh, I could even put your cake decorating skills to work too!!!

heather said...

Jamie, I remember when you cut your hair. You just had this little curl in the front. Too funny!

Katy said...

Have you seen Mission Organization? Love it!

Jen said...

I love when Jamie comes over to play (well Ryan), my playroom always looks fabulous when she leaves, she just can't help herself.
God has given you a gift, I hope you do find a way you can use it and make a little dough on the side. Also, maybe you and my dad could go into the cake decorating business together! It was fun reading all about you.

anthonyandbeth said...

loved reading all about you Jamie! love the bangs story! I bet your mom was shocked! You should take up clogging again, since you enjoyed it so much. Maybe you can audition for "So you think you can dance!" Anytime you're up for organizing...I can use the help! I always remember your college closet...everything was hung up so neat and perfect! I guess it made an impression, I can still picture it! :)

dandsratz said...

Jamie, it was SO fun reading your "8"!! I cannot believe that you didn't put our cooking class as one of your BEST moments in life! Ha! :) I learned so much about you--like I never knew you taught in China--how fascinating!! I was tagged 2 1/2 weeks ago...I still can't come up with my 8!! YIKES! :)

Katy said...

Jamie....we're starting to worry about you...where have you been?!?!!?